Monday, February 13, 2012

White Almond Wedding Cake

Tate wanted a Curious George birthday cake, so I delivered. I think this is one of my better cakes. It's almost sad cutting into a cake you spent an hour on decorating. I know of people who spend 15+ hours on incredible fondant covered cakes for their kids. I can't imagine how that feels when all your hard work disappears with one cut of the knife. Anyway...
This cake was not only cute, it was delicious! Christine told me about this recipe so I had to give it a try. This is another cake mix recipe (I've been using those a lot lately)!

White Almond Wedding Cake
1 box white cake mix
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup water
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 egg whites

Stir together dry ingredients until well mixed. Add wet ingredients and beat with a mixer until all ingredients are mixed and moistened but some lumps remain, 4 minutes. Pour into greased and floured cake pan. Bake 325-350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Cool before frosting.

1 comment: