Monday, February 13, 2012

Ultimate Chocolate Cake

Ryan made this delicacy for my birthday cake this year, and let me tell you, it was awesome! This is one of my absolute favorite chocolate cake recipes. It is extremely moist and chocolately, and I love the added chocolate chips in the batter. The frosting is from Our Best Bites and very good as well. It is less sweet than normal frosting and almost has a whipped cream consistency. This cake is usually made with a chocolate ganache (which I actually prefer) but this was a nice change as well.

Ultimate Chocolate Cake
1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
1 (3.9oz) box instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup coffee (or hot water)--I used instant caffeine free coffee
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup apple juice
2 cups chocolate chips

Combine cake and pudding mixes. Add the wet ingredients and blend until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into greased pan (I also normally make this in a bundt pan). Bake at 325 to 350 degrees. For a bundt pan cook 50-60 minutes and cake pans around 30 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment