Monday, December 7, 2009

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies with Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting


These were really good. I got the recipe from a Christmas cookie magazine but I don't remember which one........so sorry to whoever invented this recipe.
1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp.cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 Tbsp. red food coloring (I only had one Tbsp. and the cookies were still plenty red)

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, food coloring and buttermilk. Add all dry ingredients and mix until combined. Drop by teaspoon full onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool. Frost one cookie with filling and then top with another cookie. Now eat some.

Peppermint Cream Cheese Filling
6 oz. cream cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
3 c. powdered sugar
Milk, to make spreading consistancy

Beat cream cheese, butter and peppermint extract. Add powdered sugar and milk until it is how you like it.

1 comment:

  1. I love mint/chocolate combo, I think I'm going to have to try these.

    ReplyDelete