Monday, December 7, 2009

Ginger Spice Cookies


This is another recipe that I got from ourbestbites.com. and they said they got the recipe from Paula Dean (you know, hey ya'll). Again I will say that they have really good recipes. Normally I don't really want to bother with a cookie that doesn't involve chocolate but these were really, really good. Even my kids liked them. I thought for sure they would say they were "too spicey" but they didn't.

3/4 c. butter flavored Crisco (I didn't have this so I used 1/4 c. butter and 1/2 c. regular shortening)
1 c. sugar
1 large egg
1/4 c. molasses
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. salt

Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and molasses. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Bake until just set around the edges and the tops get crackly.

No comments:

Post a Comment