Friday, January 1, 2010

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies


One of my resolutions this year is to make healthier foods for my family to eat........and nothing really says healthy like a chocolate chip cookie. But these have whole wheat and oatmeal. It's delicious fiber! I really liked these cookies and I didn't even notice the wheat. My kids ate them up but Sam wouldn't touch them. He thinks anything with oatmeal is a "half treat" and should not be eaten. Anyways, they were really good. Mine turned out kind of flat even though I added extra flour. Maybe it's just the altitude here or maybe they are just supposed to be flat cookies. This is another good recipe from mykitchencafe.blogspot.com.

1 1/4 c. butter
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla (I put 1 Tbsp. in just for fun)
1 1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. white wheat flour
2 1/2 c. oatmeal
2 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Delicious, yes. Cardboard, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment