Thursday, January 7, 2010

Banana Bread


I don't like bananas.......actually I really, really, really don't like bananas. They are slimy and gross. I don't mind banana bread though, and this was a good recipe. I found it on the Pioneer Woman's website. I don't remember the address but it's pretty famous so you should be able to find it. She has a lot of good recipes. I liked the idea of putting the bread in a bundt pan just for something different. And since it looked like a cake I had to put a little icing on it.....just because I can.

2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. mashed bananas
4 c. flour (I put in almost half wheat flour and it was still really good)
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. sour cream

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time. Add bananas and beat until mixed. Combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream. Beat until all combined. Pour into greased and floured bundt pan. Bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment