Monday, November 16, 2009

Dough Enhancer....... Steroids for Bread

I think this stuff really makes a difference when you make bread. It's supposed to help the dough rise better and give the bread a better texture. I couldn't find it at any stores around where I live so I looked it up online and you can make it yourself. I didn't have any lecithin or ascorbic acid but I got the rest of the ingredients at Wal Mart. So try it out next time you make bread. You can add 1 Tbsp. when you make white bread and 2-3 Tbsp. with wheat bread. I think it helps anyways...... maybe it's all in my head. Kind of how I can't swallow pills...... because it's all in my head.

1 c. wheat gluten
2 Tbsp. lecithin
1 tsp. ascorbic acid
2 Tbsp. pectin
2 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin
1/2 c. nonfat dry milk
1 tsp. ginger

Mix all together and store in a covered container

No comments:

Post a Comment