Sunday, May 9, 2010

Buttermilk Biscuits


I love biscuits...... I think I could eat them everyday for breakfast. I also really like grits and fried okra. What can I say, I'm part southern. Too bad you can't eat biscuits everyday and still lose weight. These biscuits tasted good and looked really cool. I think the recipe came from Allrecipes.
2 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
5 Tbsp. cold butter
3/4 c. buttermilk
3 Tbsp. honey
Mix the dry ingredients together. Cut the butter into the flour using a knife or a fork. You want the butter to be in small pieces but not too small. Put this mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes. Mix the milk and honey together and add to the flour/butter. Stir until just barely mixed together. Put dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thick. Fold the dough over on itself, like how you might fold paper to put in an envelope. Roll out the dough again and fold it over again. Roll dough out one last time to about 3/4 inch thick. Cut out biscuits and place on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Now go put lots of butter and honey on one and eat it right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment